Sunday 2 December 2007

Border collie ACEO - Holly, bold and jolly



Monty standing upright, paw on chest, declaiming:

Here’s a poem by Christina Rossetti, about holly and other plants…

A ROSE has thorns as well as honey,
I’ll not have her for love or money;
An iris grows so straight and fine
That she shall be no friend of mine;
Snowdrops like the snow would chill me;
Nightshade would caress and kill me;
Crocus like a spear would fright me;
Dragon’s-mouth might bark or bite me;
Convolvulus but blooms to die;
A wind-flower suggests a sigh;
Love-lies-bleeding makes me sad;
And poppy-juice would drive me mad: –
But give me holly, bold and jolly,
Honest, prickly, shining holly;
Pluck me holly leaf and berry
For the day when I make merry.

Rosie: Humphf. So - A Rosie has thorns as well as honey,
I’ll not have her for love or money - is that so?

Monty: Um. Er. It's only a poem, Rosie.

Rosie: Humphf. What about a Monty, then? What about a Monty? A Monty has, um, has smells as well as fur and I'll not have him for bones and gravy. Hmmm - well, um, mabye for bones and gravy... But I wouldn't have him for spinach. No! See!

Monty: Yes, Rosie. Actually, life would be grey and sad without you.

Rosie: Urk! Shuddup, Lunkhead!

Monty: Yes, Rosie.

Click here for ebay auction which starts for a mere $9.99 (less than a fiver); also Buy it Now items

Click here for collieish present ideas

Thanks for looking. It would be lovely if you left a comment below for us to drool over or even to bark back at.

Or drop us a bark

No comments:

White Lies and Custard Creams - romantic comedy with a dash of mystery

All His Own Hair: romantic comedy with a dash of sabotage

Greeting Card Universe has my cards now, too...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm a writer and artist. Dogs tend to feature in my writings and pictures rather a lot - living under the paw like I do...

Popular Posts

White Lies and Custard Creams - romantic comedy with a dash of mystery

All His Own Hair: romantic comedy with a dash of sabotage

My Blog List